Open Repositories 2020: Botswana, Ethiopia, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania Presentations | Roberto Barbera et al. | Zenodo, Jun 2, 2020
This video includes presentations on Open Access repositories in Africa, their technical challenges, culture-related aspects, skill-set requirements, adoption rates and evaluation results.
This video includes recordings of the following presentations as well as their discussion sessions:
- The National Academic Digital Repository of Ethiopia – Technical, Policy and Governance Aspects – Roberto Barbera, Department of Physics and Astronomy “E. Majorana” of the University of Catania. https://doi.org/10.20372/nadre/6373.
- Overcoming Language Barrier in Open Repositories: A case of Sokoine University of Agriculture – Gilbert Mushi. http://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3873721.
- Skills needs assessment for South African open access repository practitioners – Ansie van der Westhuizen, UNISA. http://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3873723.
- The NREN and Open Repositories (an ORCID use case in South Africa) – Wesley Barry, TENET | Tertiary Education & Research Network of South Africa.
- Documenting the Ephemeral: Performance Archive and the Showcase Repository – Sanjin Muftic and Jayne Batzofin, The Reimagining Tragedy in Africa and the Global South (RETAGS) project at the University of Cape Town. https://doi.org/10.25375/uct.12403937.v1.
- Evaluation of institutional digital repository contents by postgraduate students of some selected tertiary institutions in Nigeria – Dr. Michael Esew, Kashim Ibrahim Library, Ahmadu Bello University, Okeoghene Mayowa-Adebara, National Open University of Nigeria, Ibadan Study Centre http://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3873730.
- Institutional repository adoption among Nigerian private universities: Institutional factors and willingness to use – Adetomiwa Basiru, Tekena Tamuno Library, Redeemer's University. http://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3873734.
- Working towards knowledge accessibility and visibility through collaboration efforts: the case of Botswana International University of Science and Technology (BIUST) library - Ayanda Lebele and Tuelo Ntlotlang. http://repository.biust.ac.bw/handle/123456789/133.
Barbera, Roberto, Mushi, Gilbert, van der Westhuizen, Ansie, Barry, Wesley, Muftic, Sanjin, Batzofin, Jayne, … Lebele, Ayanda. (2020). Open Repositories 2020: Botswana, Ethiopia, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania. Zenodo. http://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3873743.