Policy Perspectives invites original, unpublished, policy-oriented scholarly articles, book reviews, commentaries from national and international researchers, experts, and policy practitioners.
Policy Perspectives is distinctive in combining original, policy-oriented research papers, reflective studies and analyses on varied issues under its broad themes, namely International Relations, Pakistan Affairs, and Faith and Society.
National and International Security, Defense and Strategic Studies, Public Policy and Governance, Foreign Policy, Issues of the Muslim World, Pakistani Society, Domestic and International Laws; Civilizational Discourses, Maritime Issues, Economy and Environment. The issues related to Pakistan and the Muslim world are preferred.
Review & Publication Policy
All submissions undergo rigorous Editorial Board review; shortlisted articles are reviewed by the peer reviewers, who are experts within their fields. Policy Perspectives follows double-blind peer review process. Publication in the Journal depends on Board’s positive feedback and reviewers’ recommendation. Timeline for review process may vary from six to twelve weeks depending on reviewers’ availability and responsiveness, and subject to author’s satisfactory revisions. Selected contributions are subjected to editing for reasons of consistency, style, space and clarity.
- Abstracts of 200 to 250 words should be shared before submission of manuscript.
- Manuscripts should be in MS Word format.
- Article word count should ideally be around 5000 words including an abstract, key words and endnotes.
- American English should be used.
- Policy Perspectives follows Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition, Endnotes for references. (For examples, please see detailed guidelines.)
For Book Reviews:
- Book Reviews of recent books should be approx. 1000 words.
Detailed guidelines can be accessed at:
Authors should submit their manuscripts with duly signed undertaking, plagiarism report, brief updated CV while ensuring that guidelines have been followed at the following address:
Submissions are accepted on a continuous basis.
Policy Perspectives follows strict anti-plagiarism policy.