- The PDF (and EPUB where available) or ZIP (for chapter files) file formats;
- The book title may also be produced and sold as a print edition;
- The PDF file that contains the complete work, including cover, frontmatter, and backmatter;
- The PDF file that is bookmarked and searchable;
- The PDF file that contains a reference to the Creative Commons license and the copyright holder(s), which is usually the author(s), and, if available, to the sponsor(s);
- Whereas the complete work receives, as a rule, a DOI and an ISBN, it is desirable to assign DOIs at the chapter level;
- DOIs for figures and tables are recommended.
- Title - subtitle - series title - volume number;
- author(s)/editor(s) name(s) - ORCID (if possible) - university affiliation at the level of the publication;
- publication date - publisher;
- ISBN(s) - DOI - Creative Commons attribution.
An electronic version of this book is freely available, thanks to the support of libraries working with Knowledge Unlatched (KU). KU is a collaborative initiative designed to make high quality books Open Access for the public good. The Open Access ISBN for this book is XXXXXXXXXXXXX. More information about the initiative and links to the Open Access version can be found at www.knowledgeunlatched.org.
Featured Image Credits: Old metadata, Turku, Länsi-Suomen lääni, Suomi, Finland, March 9, 2012 | © Courtesy of Mace Ojala/Flickr.